It isn’t enough to simply undergo adjustments, patients are encouraged to understand how to prevent injuries no matter if they are currently receiving chiropractic care or not.
Physical activity will always be essential to our health—especially during the digital age in which we live. However, there are certain precautions that need to be taken before heading out onto the baseball field or getting out in the garden. We should also keep in mind that rebounding from injuries can be more difficult if they occur later in life. Taking preventative measures is just as important as staying active.
Here are just a few tips to reduce the risk of back-related injuries:
- Wear proper gear that is regulation certified.
- Take AT LEAST one day off each week to recover. There is nothing worse than being diagnosed with an overuse injury that could have been prevented with the proper amount of rest.
- Dedicate some time during your workout routine to strengthen muscles through strength conditioning exercises.
- Make sure to utilize the correct techniques for your sport. Whether you are rowing, cycling, or running—there is always a “right” and a “wrong” way. Be sure to always strive for the correct form. Your body will thank you!
- Stay hydrated throughout the day, but especially before, during, and after your workout. Water has the ability to flush out harmful toxins that could interfere with your body’s muscles and joints.
Danubio Chiropractic can provide quality injury prevention education to you and your family. We believe that a pain-free healthy lifestyle involves regular exercise, to which preventative injury methods are key!