Sometimes all it takes to come to terms with chronic pain is someone simply telling us that we have chronic pain. Neck pain is one of the leading chronic pain ailments in the country, and our Peabody chiropractor Dr. Richard Danubio wants you to be able to recognize the signs of neck pain.
Common Neck Pain Symptoms
- Radiating pain. Pain that leads from the neck down into the shoulder or arms is a cause for concern as this could be an issue with a pinched nerve. Intensity may vary and pain may not always be present. It’s important to pinpoint the activity or motion you’re doing when you experience the pain in order to best describe this to your chiropractor.
- Tingling or numbness. No one likes that pins and needles feeling — and no one deserves to feel that all the time. Dr. Danubio can quickly diagnose the issue, which is most likely a muscle imbalance or pinched nerve at the base of the neck.
- Headaches or migraines. Another common chronic illness, headaches and migraines can be absolutely crippling for people. Usually affecting adults, this symptom is most often overlooked or untreated because many opt for over the counter pain medications for instant relief. However, pain medications don’t get to the root cause of the problem.
- Sharp pain. Usually concentrated in one spot, sharp pain can feel like a stinging sensation or a stabbing one. The sharp pain may then end up radiating down your spine or arm. It’s important to contact our Peabody chiropractor as soon as you experience sharp pain, as this type of pain definitely shouldn’t be avoided.
- Stiff or sore neck. Waking up with a kink in your neck will eventually go away; you’ve simply slept on it funny! However, experiencing these symptoms of neck pain over the course of weeks or months should be a clear sign to call your doctor. There are most likely muscle imbalances that need to be corrected with chiropractic adjustments.
Not sure when to call our Peabody chiropractor? If any of these symptoms persist for a week or more, contact our office at (978) 536 3111 to schedule an appointment!