All of us at one time or another have experienced acute back pain. Here are some quick do’s and don’t’s to consider before you reach for that bottle of Asprin:
- Apply ice for 15-20 minutes every 1-2 hours.
- Reduce activity or movement that increases pain–but don’t stay still for too long! Motion is actually better than sitting.
- Don’t assume. “It will just go away or resolve itself.”
- Chances are if you have experienced this pain on several occasions, the situation is more serious than you think!
- If your condition (**think pain scale 1-10) does not improve or the pain becomes more severe, call our office ASAP!
- Also seek immediate medical care if you notice a loss of bowel or bladder control, sudden loss of function in your lower body, or unexplained fever.
- Do not apply heat (moist heat or heating pad) for the first 48-72 hours.
- Avoid any lifting, stooping, and changing of postures.
- Modify and limit your activity but don’t stay in bed!
- Call our office for any questions or concerns you may have–especially after a fall or overexertion.
—Danubio Chiropractic Offices
Guiding individuals to a happier, healthier life through chiropractic care and wellness education.